This is the place where you can personalize your profile!
By moving, adding and personalizing widgets.
You can drag and drop to rearrange.
You can edit widgets to customize them.
The bottom has widgets you can add!
Some widgets you can only access when you get Core Membership.
Some widgets have options that are only available when you get Core Membership.
We've split the page into zones!
Certain widgets can only be added to certain zones.
"Why," you ask? Because we want profile pages to have freedom of customization, but also to have some consistency. This way, when anyone visits a deviant, they know they can always find the art in the top left, and personal info in the top right.
Don't forget, restraints can bring out the creativity in you!
Now go forth and astound us all with your devious profiles!
Here at the BionicleMOCers’League, we strive to uphold a high standard for the MOCs that we accept. Of course ‘a high standard’ is incredibly qualitative, but here we’ve outlined five key attributes which will, hopefully, both define what makes a good MOC and help people whose MOCs may not make it into our gallery.
Creativity is, in my humble opinion, where most people fall short. The whole sticking-to-what-Lego-showed-you won’t get you any brownie points if you simply swap an armour piece here and there. Try using pieces where they wouldn’t normally be used, try to break free from the ‘skeleton plus armour’ building style that Lego has taught you, experiment with new pieces. How can you use a piece in a way that’s never been used before? Can you design something that the world hasn’t seen yet? It’s these clever additions that really give MOCs their spark.
We have to remember that MOCs aren’t static sculptures; their articulation allows them to move. It might be hard to show this in pictures, but how sturdy is your MOC? How strongly are the pieces attached together? Will it fall over or break when you move it? Some builds are made purely for aesthetics, in which case strength might not be a top priority, but if your MOC is able to pull off several different poses, it all adds to its character – in fact, you could even include good ol’ functions, like the early days of Bionicle!
Now, having a Toa with fully custom armour and weaponry is all fine and dandy, but what is a gallery without some variation? A good MOCer is one who can succeed in all areas: big and small, humanoid and creature, Bionicle and Hero Factory. Having a wide range of different styles makes your gallery vastly more interesting – people will get bored if they see the same mecha over and over again. There’s nothing wrong with a well-built Hero, but here at the BML we love accepting things of different shapes and sizes!
If anything, consistency is a factor that really gives a MOC flair. Does the MOC itself seem natural? Is the colour scheme sound? More advanced MOCers would go even further – what kind of texture does this MOC have? Organic or mechanical? Blocky or smooth? Intricate details or simplicity? Sometimes it's good to have colours spread equally around a MOC, while at other times it's best to focus them in particular areas. Equal (or intentionally unequal!) distribution of characteristics shows that a MOCer has paid attention to the design as a whole, and taken the entire picture into account.
Finally, the last hurdle which trips up far too many people is presentation. We understand that not everyone can afford fancy high-definition cameras, but you can still make an effort to make the background as clear as possible (or even create scenery!). Blurriness and backgrounds aren’t the only things that can ruin a good MOC, though. How many pictures do you want to show us? Several poses and angles, or one simple photo? Do you want to display them separately, or in a collage? This is, after all, deviantArt, where making good first impressions is essential.
Of course, no-one is perfect – that includes us BML admins. You also have to remember that everybody starts off as a beginner, so obviously you can’t expect fantastic results right from the get-go. I hope this advice helped you advance as a builder, or at least have a better understanding of the MOCing community. Thanks for reading, and happy MOCing! Written by Rahiden
Hello there, thank you for visiting my Deviantpage. If you've favorited or added me to your then allow me to say thank you. I sometimes get a lot of traffic in bursts with new submissions so I may not personally thank you for the favorite or watch. But I want you to know that I do appreciate the support.
As for my followers. Thank you all for the continued support of my artwork. You all have made Deviantart such a wonderful experience for me.
I'm sorry, I mean "Skull Grinder." Seriously though, his mask looks like the fuckin terminator. So from hence forth, I'm calling him Arnold.
Its been a while since I've done a review of Lego sets. I haven't felt the need to. Didn't think anyone really cared and I never really beat anyone to the punch so I figured "what does it matter, I'm just another asshole with an opinion, big deal." But I think it's time I shake off the rust from my reviewing and get back at it with the second wave of sets.
Fortunately for me, I walked into my Local TRU and found that they had this set, just this set. Odd, why just this? Oh well. So I got this and a Magic The Gathering Magic Origins Fatpack. YAY SATISFYING TO MONEY PITS AT ONCE!
Now onto the review.
For starters, I don't think I'm going to go with my old "pros Vs. Cons" which is ironic given this set is a dude Vs. A dude and its even in the name of the set ), I think I'll just do an assessment of the parts and builds and tell you what I liked or disliked about them. Throwing "new parts" under cons is obviously going to be a pro. It feels antiquated and redundant so I'll just mention likes and dislikes and see how that fairs.
Obviously the new parts are cool, but how cool are they?
For starters, I do like the new shin guard addon piece that we get four of in Gunmetal in this set. Its symmetrical at least so that means it won't be total ass when MOCing with it. I think the way they have it arranged on Arnold here looks like shit, but the part used on other shell pieces will look good I think. I was lukewarm about it in the photos because I thought it was some kind of tattered or torn pattern, but looking at it in person, it will prove useful.
The Ribcage will also be a useful addition I think. One look at this and I thought "Mini MOC Lobster needs to be a thing." The nice thing is right out the gate with this part and it's already available in a few trans colors. I'm sure they'll get use out of it in further Constraction sets so here's hoping Opaque colors come to.
Obviously we're all gonna be stoked to get Ekimu and his awesome mask . I'm honestly surprised that came as early as it did. But its cool I'll probably try and find some way to meander that mask into being teeth or something.
While the following parts aren't exactly new, I'm glad to see them making other appearances, those being the LoC armor addon , and the Carriage Wheel from the Princess Sets. One thing I think we all should give credit to Lego and the designers is their open mindedness towards parts inclusion and colors. I feel that old Bionicle probably wouldn't have made use of such a part, or included colors like the light yellowish green from the "friends" themes. I'm noticing a lot more importation of assets from other themes, and I quite like it. I hope it's a trend that persists.
The last part on the like list for me is the axe piece . I like it as for me it harkens back to some of the really angular weapons from G1 like Thok's ice blaster . Which incidentally enough is also called "Weapon No. 5" That can't be a coincidence. Those sneaky Danish bastards!
I'm not quite a fan of this dudes mask . Like I quipped, it looks like the head of the t-1000 from Terminator. That's cool I guess but meh I guess I'm not feeling it. It feels like a slightly larger version of the heads they go under. Its not bad really, it looks fine and could be menacing enough. It just feels wholly unoriginal. I'm not impressed. :notimpressed:
Okay, I officially fucking hate this piece and I will forever hate it regardless of what color it comes in. The piece I'm referring to is the new bone(literally) piece for this wave of sets. Why do I hate it? Because it's barren of any real connection points other than the socket and the ball. I know that's what they were going for but I dunno, at least some kind of pin connection would have been cool. They could have filled them in with spike pieces or something. I don't want to say this part is useless. i maintain that no part in lego is useless. I just don't think it'll have much use in MOCing other than to do exactly what it does, be a boney Femur looking piece with absolutely no bulk or attachments to it. I might bury it inside a MOC instead of using a regular 5 length bone, or I might use it to build another Skeletal looking asshole(hey I have one of those), and that might be it. I'm just not happy with the fact they took up a new part slot for this.
This isn't really a dislike, more that I'm neutral on it. But the second weapon piece is just kinda there. one connection point, and not a lot of characteristics to it. With enough meandering you could maybe do some old school Kopaka skis with it. its basically a stick for a dude to bitch slap other dudes with. Nothing too special IMO.
That's about it for the parts list. Now onto the Builds. I promise I'll wrap this up soon.
Skull Grinder(AKA Terminator Satan, AKA Arnold).
Okay so his build is almost okay. The wonkiest part is the exposed ball joints from the toros piece, and the lack of back armor in a spot I think it could have had some. There's also the fact that his chest is pretty empty past the armor parts. Maybe that's part of the whole skeletal vibe they were going for. But I think with a little CCBS in trans orange they could have filled that in and made it look like he's filled with glowy orangeness or whatevz. It really sucks out any believability that he could actually be threatening and not a pile of bones and a little armor thrown back together by scary dead city voodoo shenanigans., and that Ekimu won't knock him the FUCK out with his hammer of righteousness! The skinniness of the bone pieces I get, and can't harp on the build for that. The last thing is with his big stick, why does this asshole need a second smaller stick? He just likes hitting people with sharp objects doesn't he? Oh well, means one extra of the mediocre weapon pieces for us to use or to clutter up our parts drawers.
This little fucker is a badass. I love him! I don't have any real complaints about him as we all might have expected. They colored him well, he's actually proportioned alright. I think I'm starting to really like how the protectors are built, hence why I did sort of my own version with Paleltuma. I love that they recolored the stud shooter into trans blue as well. The way they implemented that works pretty well. The back of the hammer spins to shoot the studs out of the front of the hammer. Very Clever.
Overall, the TL;DR is "Skull Grinder kinda lame, gots some good parts, Ekimu is cool and built well. Dave is Happy.
Now if You'll excuse me, I have a fuckton of magic cards to sort and a couple decks to research for.
Welcome to my profile page Most of you know that I am a Bionicle MOCer For those of you that don't, I make sculptures of various things using legos, and more specifically Bionicle/Hero Factor parts. Though I do use regular legos ligh you Might be familiar with. The Term MOC is an acrynym that stands for My Own Creation. This is a term we creators of original lego sculptres universally(mostly) use as a term for anything made by us and not officially designed by lego or lego engineers. So that's that. I am also a musician. I play bass, drums and a little bit of keybard and guitar If you want to know more about that stuf just ask me, and feelf free to ask me about most anything you're curious about, or comment on my Deviations or journals. Overall I'm pretty friendly, unless given a reason not to be. I hope to hear from you.
Thank you to anyone and everyone for favorites, comments and watches.
Favorite visual artist Alex Gray, Adam Jones, and my friends I've made here.Favorite moviesLord Of The Rings, Pirates Of The Carribean, Fight Club, The Social NetworkFavorite TV showsHouseMD, Burn Notice, Family Guy.Favorite bands / musical artistsTool, QOTSA, NIN, Kyuss,APC,Soundgarden,Isis,Meshuggah,Silversun Pickups, and a ton more. Favorite booksSadly I don't read many books cause they strain my already damaged eyes. :( Favorite writersUmmmmm......Favorite gamesJak And Daxter(jak series), God Of War, Resident Evil, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Grand Theft Auto,OnimushaFavorite gaming platformStill rockin a PS2 thanks to poornessTools of the TradeBass guitar, tiny comlex plastic parts, my sharp mind and whatever else I feel like using Other InterestsMusic, anime, TV, internet stuff(like tumblr) that's about it for "other" interests.
Cause enough people here wanted to see it, here's what I brought home from this year's Bricks By The Bay.
The highlight is definitely winning the UCS Tumblr as a door prize. HOLY SHIT was that an awesome way to start the convention. So much jelly from the other attendees all weekend. Sad thing is though I don't really want this set. I tried trading it for the Volvo front loader, but no dice. I think I'll hold onto this and try and trade it later. I can't sell it because it was given to me as a prize, not that I would anyways.
I also bought a lot of stuff from Monje Bricks. Angel Monje is a guy who runs a second hand lego store. He's the guy who always has Bulk parts at the convention along with some other vendors, but Angel is definitely the biggest and most committed to being there than any other vendor. He's also willing to give you a good deal on stuff if you shop with him enough. He might just become my full time supplier of Awesome Bonkle Masks.
Updating the tag to include the questions other peeps I tagged who tagged me back said. not gonna do the whole tag over again. FUCK THAT!
's retarded ass questions.
1. Have you ever licked a lampost during winter? If you're from one of them warmer countries then have you ever made toasts with the heat in your car?
No, but I have licked the inside of the freezer and got my tongue stuck. It hurt like a bitch ripping my tongue off and it bled. 2. What am I thinking right now?
Probably something to do with punching babies. I like your style! 3. Were you disappointed when you saw this journal, clicking it and thinking it was another brickfilm but you find a lame-ass journal with words instead?
Nope, this question assumes I watch your Brickfilms. 4. Name the best thing to have happened to you, like, ever.
Gonna go with Bricks By The Bay 2014. That was such an amazing experience for me. 5. Have you heard about Pluto?
I've heard a lot of things, you'll have to be more specific. 5. Would you perhaps, consider getting an additional limb of your choice grafted onto any part of your body? If so what and where?
7. Are you not entertained?
I am in fact entertained listening to Puscifer, and answering these silly questions. *sips soda left over from dinner* 8. Who let the dogs out?
I imagine they let themselves out. Dogs are always trying to get out. 6. What is your mother's maiden name?
Johnson. 10. Why are you thinking of a platypus? If not, why are you thinking of it now?
Because I was thinking Pallando would be a cool MOC to remake.
11. Which one of us is the odd one? Please decide for we are at a stalemate for 19 years already.
Well you're 19, an Odd number, and I'm 26, an even number...so YOU 12. Please name your absolute favourite creation to date. MOCs, art, heck even kids, anything.
That's probably gonna be Matteo, but there's this song on Bass I wish I could record. I love it cause its so not a song that would sound like it would be played on bass. 13. Did you notice that some of the numbers on this questionnaire are off?
No I didn't.
tagged me to.
if you had to live in a video game which video game would you live in?
Sly cooper or maybe the Jak world, but Sly seems less brutal and harsh.
you are going on vacation but your plane crashes on a island with an active volcano on it what 3 items do you have?
Satellite Phone, flint, Survival guide.
out of you and your friends who would be the first to die in a Zombie Apocalypse?
Hmmm Hector. Stefan Runs fast, Franklin seems like he'd know how to fight. I'm decently strong and resourceful and Hector is just kinda a blob.
you are being chased by a murder and you look behind you to see if hes still there but he is gone you are in the middle of a big field during the night what do you do.
Run to the nearest treeline and climb up a tree and wait it out til morning.
what was your favorite childhood toy
Really? Do I even need to answer this one?
what is your favorite web comic
Never really got into comics, so Bionicle by Default.
is anime cartoons
Eh technically yes, but to simply call them cartoons is contrived and undercutting some really brilliant and mature animes out there in the world.
if you found a book that tells you how everyone died and the time and all you had to do is write there name in it what would you do with it?
KIRA!!! I AM KIRA!!! WE ARE KIRA!!!!
if you could have one pet real or fake what would it be?
I want the tiny floaty pink whale from Steven Universe to give me some fin *hi fives whale fin*
how do you feel about being tagged
It gets annoying when I have nothing new to contribute without repeating myself. But they're fun sometime.s
what is your favorite game and yes video games count
Well I'm super into Magic The Gathering right now, throwing so much money at it you'd probably all beat the shit out of me if you knew how much money I've spent on it, so we'll go with that.
12. what is THE strangest thing on your desk?
Three packet cup thingies of Ranch sauce from jack In The box. Or a Chinese Magic card.
13. do you have any pets if so what are they/them?
Not anymore my Kitty cat Kelly passed away last November. My grandmother wouldn't let us get another pet.
tagged me back
1. Doth ye like thine self? A:
Yeah I guess.
2. Eggman:"Get a load of this!" (Watch till the at least the second short loop.) z0r.de/1560 A:
That's not a question. 3. From when you actually get to kick Sonic's arse in Sonic 2006 game: Sonic:"IT'S NO USE!" A:
Again...Not a fucking question. 4. How far back have you/can ye likely trace back yon family lines? A: Not very far. My Greatgrandparents at best. They immigrated from Spain in the early 20th century. 5. Are ye naturally shy, or more likely to be shy-ish in certain situations? A: I'm not really shy at all. I can be pretty out going. I'm just introverted around people I don't know. 6: Have gf/bf, fully taken, or single? A: I'm single...Ladies 7: "Ye just got Egg Rolled.." A: [link] Didn't click the link, so nope I didn't apparently. 8: What things dost ye want to accomplish most in zis life? A: Successful music and/or film career. 9: What species, or hybrid species be ye in the Bionicle multiverse? A: I'd probably be a dark hunter. Fuck everyone else, I'm out for me bitches. I'll kill ya if the price is right. 10: Favorite power that can be used in other place of certain other powers as well? A: Not sure I understand the question right, but I'll go with controlling matter. It's like a fuck ton of super powers in one.
11: Top five characters from anything, ever? A: They're not in any particular order but: Aang from Avatar The Last Air Bender Gandalf Lord Of The Rings Rick Grimes from Walking Dead Daxter- Jak Series. Faye- Cowboy bebop
I suck at these kind of things, its too hot and I'm too tired for this. 12: "Get down with the sickness!" A:
I was down with the sickness back in 2001 bitches!
13: Most favorite thing evurs? (Should it be possible to choose that be.)
Crap that's tough. Lets see, jamming with a full band, giving girls head(), MOCing, and I dunno, good music and good food.
That's all I'm doing now. If any you other fuckers tag me I'm not doing it SO DEALWIFFIT!!!
This motherfucker tagged me. 0nuku Now I have to go kill him.
0.5: post rules
1: Each PERSON has to share 13 things about them. 2: ANSWER the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer. 3: CHOOSE 13 people. 4: You have to legitimately tag 13 people. 5: You can't say that you don't do tags. 6: Tag-backs are ALLOWED. 7: YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry. 8: You have to finish this within a week. If not; you'll have to do whatever the creator tells you to. Art, rp, etc. Unless you don't want to I really don't care. 9: Be creative with the title. No "I've Got Tagged" things. 10: Eat pizzas. 11: Try to find an original 12th rule: There must be at least one obscure reference in your answers. 12: Try to find an original 13th rule: Ellipses are a must. 13: Try to find an original 11th rule: Format your lists nicely
1. I started building with regular lego when I was 2 years old, no Duplo for me!
2. I'm currently obsessed with the card game Magic The Gathering. Its sucking up all my free time and money right now. 3. I lost my Virginity at 16 to a one night stand and have always regretted it(I strongly don't recommend doing that, its not worth it in the long run).
4. I accidentally ordered $800 worth of parts from Lego's LUGbulk program that I was allowed to participate in for winning awards at last years Bricks By The Bay that I now have to pay for.
The upside is that I'll have quantities of certain parts in certain colors one could never get any other way. so yay for three hundred trans orange and trans orange CCBS parts!
5.I seem to be more favored by the general Lego community than I am the actual Bionicle community. Quite odd.
6. I consider myself a "failed musician" considering how inactive I am about playing or practicing music.
7. I've done too damned many of these tags to feel like I can give any new information and struggle doing these now.
8. Hero Factory Brain Attack was the first year of Constraction sets I had completed since 2006 with the Inika, and has been the only set I've completed since then.(IFB sucked ass okay lets not kid ourselves). Though I do plan on completing bionicle G2 for as long as I can. 9.My favorite cartoon right now is Steven Universe.
10. I am a mild fan of My Little Pony. I've been catching up on the last three seasons and I do like the show, but not enough to get all into merchandise and
11. I feel I've become even more of an asshole since meeting and hanging out with my friends/ co-workers outside of work(they're the ones that got me into Magic).
12. Working at Amazon is the first ever full time job I've ever had. I worked at Target for a month during Christmas, and Toys R Us in 2006 for a few weeks as part of a school program that ended while I was there.
1. How feel u when peeple can't gramar gud? It makes me want travel back in time to kick their mothers in the vagina and castrate their dads. 2. What kind of things do you doodle in your homework margins? I haven't done homework in years. And I never doodled. I sucked at drawing so I never tried.
3. Favorite font? Ooo that's a tough one. So many I've used for MOCs...I'll go with "Make Juice" cause it's so extreme looking. Andies from Bioshock is a good one to.
4. What is your favorite family tradition? My family isn't big on tradition, so I can't really say. We don't really have traditions. My family kinda sucks anyways.
5. What quality do you wish you had? Better handwriting. Mine's atrocious.
6. "Did you hear about Pluto?" Yeah, he's on Pluto. What are the odds of that happening? Maybe its a conspiracy!
7. What is the best way to spend a free Friday evening? I don't have free Friday evenings, I work Wednesday to Saturday. But I get the question. Hanging out with friends, driving around town at night with the windows rolled down playing great music and having a good laugh as we all share in jokes and make fun of each other.
8. What is something that infuriates you? Tardiness. Fucking hate it when people say they'll be there at a certain time then are hella late. 9. Favorite artistic medium? Guess that'd be Lego. But If I could do artses more it'd probably be traditional oil painting. 10. If you could design a video game, what would it be (genre, gameplay, design, music, team, etc.)? I've always liked adventure games(Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Spyro, etc). So something like an adventure platformer, but really gripping and cinematic. It'd have to have a really great unique story, good gameplay, and voice acting. The graphics themselves are secondary for me. I'd throw all the money into other aspects of the production, the areas where I felt it really matters for making a good game. 11. You are trapped between a charging rhinoceros and a rampaging monster truck. What do you do? That's easy, run under the monster truck since there's so much room, then jump out of the way. Let the Monster Truck and the Rhinoceros run into each other. 12. What is the best Skittles flavor? I have no idea, I always eat skittles in handfuls. OMG I have a bag right here on my desk that I brought home from work.....lets find out together!
*eats one of each skittle at a time* That's a cherry one... That's an Orange one... That's an apple one... That's a Grape one... And that's a Lemon one...
Definitely the apple one! 13. What is the strangest thing on your desk right now? I'm gonna go with the chinese Magic card, but I would say the two sealed packets of Ranch sauce from Jack In The Box is probably a close second place.
My 13 Questions:
1. Favorite cereal?
2. If you could remove one "user" from the internet permanently, who would it be?
3. You're stuck on a Pacific Island, Cast Away style, but the cargo plane you were on that crashed was full of novelty items...What totally useless but amusing thing would you want to have with you?
4. How would you feel about switching gender for a week(not gonna ask what you do, we all know the answer to that question )?
5. What is one art form you wish you could be better at that isn't the one that is your main focus now?
6. How do you feel about me eluding to masturbation in question 4?
7. If you could create your own original theme for Lego(meaning not a licensed theme like Star War, Minecraft, Simpsons), what would it be?
8. Favorite appliance in your house?
9. Least favorite country in the world?
10. What is the absolutely stupidest thing you've ever done(could be stupid as in dumb or stupid as in foolish or irresponsible).
11. If you could have any one of my MOCs, but we had to trade, you have to pick on of your MOCs for one of mine, which MOC would you give up for which of mine?
For the non-MOCers, replace "MOC" with piece of your art."
12. You've been included in a reality show about MOCers living together in the same house. Which 9 other MOCers do you pick to live in the house with you?
13. Soup or Salad?
13 Tagged motherfuckers(or father fuckers, which ever they prefer): and